Unspecified Solutions from Other Universities
MTSU is somehow tracking exactly the kind of data we're looking for. In the 2002 report they say the data was collected from a 'card reader system' but don't elaborate. Possibly this is just data from the swipe when people enter or exit.
University of Wyoming has some system . But it's only viewable from their computers. Worth an email?
University of Wisconsin uses this application and has a public dashboard here.
- View the status of every computer in real time.
- Allow students to see the operating system of each computer.
- Create your map in seconds using the data already collected by LabStats
- See who is logged in on each computer (administrator only)
- Link to a login history for a computer or a user (administrator only).
- Enter and track problems with computers using the integrated Trouble Ticket system.
- Identify computers that have unresolved problems by the warning icon on the map.
- Display the maps on your own school's website using simple html code.
- Track total number of times an application was launched on a computer or in an entire lab.
- Record amount of time an application was running on a computer or in a lab.
- Find average length of time an application was used each time it was launched.
- Create tabular report on selected applications and labs or computers.
- CSV export of all application data to use in your own way.
- Create bar charts showing AppUse stats.
- Manage energy efficiency by controlling power of computers in the lab.