Possibly Helpful Links
Some of the following links might be helpful:
- Official Cobbler project page: https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/
- Launchpad page for Cobbler: https://launchpad.net/cobbler
Note that Cobbler support in Ubuntu is still in development.
- Decision to make Cobbler part of Ubuntu roadmap (see section "Oh...and One More Thing"): http://undacuvabrutha.wordpress.com/2010/12/16/its-been-a-crazy-year/ (the author, Robbie Williamson, is Ubuntu Server Team Manager at Canonical)
- "The futre" (sic) of Ubuntu Server, and cobbler's role in that future (see section "The futre"): http://zulcss.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/a-rally-in-dallas/ (the author, Chuck Short, is a developer on the Ubuntu Server Team at Canonical)
- "Using Cobbler on Ubuntu" (how to install & setup cobbler on Ubuntu): http://zulcss.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/using-cobbler-on-ubuntu/
- And a celebratory Twitter post made by Canonical Server Team Manager Robbie Williamson in reply to Chuck Short's "Using Cobbler on Ubuntu" blog post: http://twitter.com/undacuvabrutha/status/27848596615331842 ("whoohoo! Cobbler now in the ubuntu archive...and it actually works! http://is.gd/wc2X0d" on 2011-01-19)
Point being: Cobbler on Ubuntu is new, and still under very active development.