Crew is the Volunteer Systems Group at CCIS. We are a group of self-motivated students (not a student group) who investigates new and potentially cool technologies, organizes and performs research & development for the CCIS Systems Group, and strives to improve and produce services that benefit the CCIS community.
If you are interested in working on one of our projects. Stop by 314WVH aka 'The Pit'.
- NUrdRadio - Ongoing podcast discussing CCIS and tech related topics.
- Calendar Project - Funnels all the different CCIS calendars into one (acm, coop, ect)
- Digital Display - Paper is soooo 20th century. We hope to replace bulitin boards with plasma displays and innovative software.
- OpenVZ - CGI scripts are fun and all, but when you want to run Ruby on Rails or Django, you'll need some dedicated hosting. Using OpenVZ students can get the servers they crave.
Pipe Dreams (things we would like to do)
- PLT Tinderboxen - It would be nice to know when the PLT Scheme trunk is broken. Lets automate builds.
- Universal Hand-In Server - Wouldn't it be cool if you could use one handin server for all your classes and track your progress throughout your tenure at CCIS. Source Control and Code Review would make this experience more enjoyable.